A Truly Historic Moment
Citizens take place in the 1896 grand opening of Warraguls first bowling Green located on railway land in Queen st . Encompassing 3 rinks
It was all bonnets and finery at the first opening of the Warragul bowling club season , The building in the left is the old shire office
What a great year 1915 was with the grand opening of our new greens located on the new Anderson st site .
The club is now established on its Anderson st site with three fabulous bowling surfaces.All bowlers were looking foward to a great day bowling, the clubhouse served the bowlers well untill 1940.
The Club Keeps on Improving
Clubhouse no2 was Erected in 1960 and was donated by the SEC (State Electricity Corporation) and was an old building from Yallourn
OH NO DISASTER
The clubrooms were completely gutted by fire in 15 March 1966 , fortunately the club was able to undertake works to completely build a new clubhouse , and was finished in 1967 and apart from the B&W photo shown below and taken in 1967 the clubrooms havn't changed. The club is well served with 3 modern greens for all bowlers to use